Take Part By Filling In Your Details Below
Please note we are now recruiting new participants only in Cambridge.
- Living in or around Cambridge.
- Male or Female Aged 25-50
- Able to speak, write and understand English
- Willing to abstain from strenuous exercise for 72 hours before assessments
- Must not have a known diagnosis of bipolar disorder, psychosis or current substance abuse.
- No contraindications to MRI (e.g. Pacemaker or other implantable device etc)
- No contraindications to PET (e.g. known kidney disease) (only applicable if you wish to do PET scan option)
- BMI under 36 kg/m2
All travel, food, and accommodation arrangements will be reimbursed or booked for you.
There are up to four Biodep visits you may be able to take part in:
1. Eligibility Assessment – This is comprised of a 1-2 hour clinical interview and a blood test. We will let you know if you are eligible within a few days. We will pay you £25 for attending this visit.
2. Fasting Blood and MRI Visit – We will ask you to give around 100ml of blood, play some computer tasks, and then have a 90 minute MRI scan. This visit will last for around 5-6 hours. We will pay you £100 for attending this visit.
3. Optional PET Scan Visit – You will travel to the PET Centre in Cambridge for a PET scan. The PET scan will last for 90 minutes, the visit will last for around 2-4 hours. We will pay you £100 for attending this visit
4. Optional Lumbar Puncture – The lumbar puncture will be performed at your local centre in a clinical facility setting by a trained doctor. This visit will last around 2-4 hours. We will pay you £100 for attending this visit.
Please read the information sheet relevant to you for further information: